ACMPE - The American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. Their vision is to be the recognized leader in defining and supporting the profession of medical group management. Some benefits of board certification:
- Demonstrates your broad knowledge of medical practice management
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally recognized professional designation
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions
- Assists you in demanding more salary, on average, than noncertified professionals
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession
The board certification exam assess your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad scope of medical practice management principles and issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Oral communication skills
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
Fellows are members of ACMPE who have chosen to advance beyond board certification and Fellowship (FACMPE) is the highest level of distinction in the medical management field.
- All Alabama MGMA state conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from ACMPE. These CE hours are good towards certification requirements.
To become board certified, members must pass the multiple choice and scenario-based exam requirement. You must register for each exam individually.
Before registering for an exam, you must:
- Be an MGMA member
- Have been accepted into the ACMPE board certification program
- Completed the education and experience requirements*
* Those who have not yet completed their education and experience requirements may not register for the scenario-based exam.
For questions about ACMPE, support by MGMA/Alabama and how to get started on the path to certification contact:
Thalia Baker, FACMPE