ACMPE - The American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. Their vision is to be the recognized leader in defining and supporting the profession of medical group management. Some benefits of board certification:
- Demonstrates your broad knowledge of medical practice management
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally recognized professional designation
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions
- Assists you in demanding more salary, on average, than noncertified professionals
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession
The board certification exam assess your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad scope of medical practice management principles and issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Oral communication skills
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
Fellows are members of ACMPE who have chosen to advance beyond board certification and Fellowship (FACMPE) is the highest level of distinction in the medical management field.
- All MGMA/Alabama state conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from ACMPE. These CE hours are good towards certification requirements.
UPDATES To ACMPE for 2017!
The Exam Development Committee is currently redesigning an objectively scored, scenario-based exam to replace the current essay exam. This new exam will be introduced September 2017. Please see attached for sample questions in the new format. Please note the sample is not an ACMPE specific question, but only a sample of the new question type.
As of January 2019, the qualifications to apply for ACMPE certification will be changing. In addition to requiring two years of healthcare experience, and six months on a supervisory role, applicants will be required to hold a bachelor’s degree or 120 college credit hours upon applying. Please see attached FAQ documents.
Board Certification Study Group 2016 is on-demand
There were 8 weekly webinar modules covering the six (6) domains in the Body of Knowledge, which are open to members and non-members. See the webinar series in the MGMA store for more details, please point anyone interested in board certification to this webpage. The 2017 webinar series will begin in May.
Fellowship Study Group is on-demand
The Fellowship study group webinar series is designed to help individuals considering Fellowship to learn more about the process and requirements and encourage them to earn their FACMPE. All webinars are now available on-demand.
|March 11 - 15, 2017||January 30 - February 10, 2017|
|June 10 - 24, 2017||April 24 - May 5, 2017|
|September 9 - 23, 2017||July 24 - August 4, 2017|
|December 2 - 16, 2017||October 23 - November 3, 2017|
Exam sites can be found online.
For questions about ACMPE, support by MGMA/Alabama and how to get started on the path to certification contact:
Thalia Baker, FACMPE